The only difficulty in choosing such an outdoor heavy-duty patio umbrella may be the size. How do you figure out what size you need, and what will work best for you? You can find out it all in our article.
Patio Umbrella: What Is For?
Patio umbrellas are designed to create shade on a hot sunny day in an open space. With it, you can safely enjoy the summer weather in your backyard and have no fear of getting burned or overheating.
In addition to protecting you from the sun, an umbrella can also provide you with privacy. We all love our neighbors, but sometimes they can get in the way of your privacy. Especially if you have neighboring buildings that look down on your personal space.
If you choose an interesting design, you can additionally create an eye-catching interior of your yard. With an umbrella, you will be able to separate your outdoor seating area.
What Is a Good Size for a Patio Umbrella?
So, there are many patio umbrellas on the market, different materials, and patterns. But the most important aspect to choose is the size because choosing the wrong size – you risk not fitting it into your patio. Here's a guide to help you size the best outdoor umbrella.
How Do I Know What Size Patio Umbrella to Get?
So, it all depends on one factor-the diameter of the shaded area:
- if the diameter is up to 36 inches, then desired umbrella size is up to 8 feet;
- up to 48 inches – 8 to 9 feet;
- shade zone: up to 60 inches – umbrella size: 9 to 10 feet;
- in the case of up to 72 inches in diameter, then umbrella size must be up to 11 feet;
- 11 to 12 feet for 84 inches of shade area;
- up to 96 inches shade zone – umbrella size: up to 13 feet;
- 14 feet umbrella would be ideal for a shaded area up to 108 inches.